Overhead aerial fiber is an optical cable used for hanging on a pole. This way of laying can use the existing overhead open-line pole road, saving construction costs, and shortening the construction period. The overhead optical cable is hung on the electric pole and is required to be able to adapt to various natural environments. Overhead optical cables are susceptible to the threats of natural disasters such as typhoons, icicles, floods, etc., and are also susceptible to external forces and weakening of their own mechanical strength. Therefore, the failure rate of overhead optical cables is higher than that of direct buried and pipeline fiber optic cables. Generally used for long-distance Class 2 or below lines, suitable for dedicated network optical cable lines or some local special sections.
There are two methods for laying overhead optical cables:
1. Hanging wire type: first, fasten the hanging pole on the electric pole, and then use the hook to suspend the optical cable on the hanging wire, the load of the optical cable is carried by the hanging wire.
2. Self-supporting type: A self-supporting optical cable is used. The optical cable has an “8” shape and the upper part is a self-supporting cable. The load of the optical cable is carried by the self-supporting cable.
The laying requirements are as follows:
1. When laying the optical cable in a flat environment with an overhead method, use a hook to hang it; lay the optical cable on a mountain or steep slope, and use a binding method to lay the optical cable. The position of the optical cable connector should be a straight pole that is easy to maintain. The reserved optical cable is fixed on the electric pole with a reserved bracket.
2. The optical cable of overhead pole road is required to make U-shaped telescopic bend every 3 to 5 block poles, and about 15m is reserved for every 1km.
3. The overhead (wall) optical cable is protected by galvanized steel pipe, and the pipe mouth should be blocked with fireproof mud.
4. Overhead optical cables should be hung with optical cable warning signs every four blocks or across special sections such as roads, rivers, and bridges.
5. At the intersection of the empty suspension wire and the power line, a three-prong protection tube shall be added for protection, and the extension at each end shall not be less than 1m.
6. The electric pole drawing line close to the highway should cover the light-emitting rod, and the length is 2m.
7. In order to prevent the suspension wire from inducing current to injure people, each pole pull wire is required to be electrically connected to the suspension wire, and each wire position should be installed with a ground wire. The suspension wire is required to be directly connected with a lining ring and directly grounded at the terminal.
8. The overhead optical cable is usually 3m away from the ground. When entering the building, it should wear a U-shaped steel protective cover on the outer wall of the building, and then extend downward or upward. The aperture of the optical cable entrance is generally 5cm. Outdoor optical cable laying method
Post time: 2020-06-10